Apple iPad Pro 11-Inch 2018
Out of stock
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Battery: 7812 mAh
- Main camera: 12 MP
- Front camera: 7MP
- Display: 11 inch
- Processor: A12X Bionic chip
- Connectivity: 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: Silver, Space Gray.
- OS: iOS 12
Out of stock
Apple iPad Pro 11-Inch 2018
Finally it is with us. This is my review of the Apple iPad Pro 11. And I will say this before I go any further, it is the Pro 11 because its display is an 11 inch view estate. But that will not be the only reason you will remember this one for, as you will find out shortly. This one was announced and released on October of 2018 and November of that very year respectively. It was long awaited, and it is finally here. Share in my thoughts about the Apple iPad Pro 11 as I descriptively talk about it in this article. Below is a list of its key features, just about what you should expect with it, or from it in a nutshell.
- GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO and LTE network technology
- 468 g
- Nano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
- – Stylus support (Bluetooth integration; magnetic)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 11.0 inches, 366.5 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1668 x 2388 pixels (~265 ppi density)
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- – Wide color gamut display
– True-tone display
– 120 Hz
- iOS 12, upgradable to iOS 12.1
- Apple A12X Bionic (7 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest) CPU
- Apple GPU (7-core graphics) GPU
- 1 TB, 6 GB RAM or 64/256/512 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary camera
12 MP, f/1.8, 29mm (standard), 1/3″, 1.22µm, PDAF
- Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected] video recording
- Selfie camera
- 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
- Face detection, HDR, panorama
- [email protected] video recording
- Loudspeakers Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- – Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS (Wi-Fi + Cellular model only)
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer
- Non-removable Li-Po 7812 mAh battery (29.45 Wh)
- – Power Bank/ reverse charging
- Available in Silver or Space Gray
Design and build of the Apple iPad Pro 11
Notice one thing about this tablet, in its name you see the word Pro. Now this word can mean many things, good for example- which can be an understatement so great. Or maybe perfect. The list is long. This is a Pro gadget in many ways and its looks and feel have to make the list. It is a tablet with a very professional look and feel. It has this clean finish on both the front and back. An 11 inch display panel sits on the front with bezels very well reduced.
Looking at it side by side with previous Apple tablets, the difference cannot be missed, an approach that has seen the Pro 11 add to is looks overall and make room for a large yet manageable tablet. The top bezel has a selfie camera of course and sensors for Face ID. Let it be known that this iPad Pro 11 is the first Apple tablet to have face ID, along with the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 which I have done a separate review for on Phone Place Kenya. Check it out it is on I consider the bigger brother of this. The back has the primary camera and LED flash on the very top right corner. Some will argue left others right, but what does not change is that it is placed on a top corner. That Apple logo also shines on the back panel as you would expect.
There are two attachable parts of the iPad Pro 11. The first is a keyboard (bought separately) that when attached makes you use your tablet as a computer, or almost and the other is a stylus pen (comes with tablet) that has been improved from previous ones in quite a number of ways. Most notable is that it is not slit inside the tablet but it has a magnetic feature that lets it stick to the side of the Pro 11, and stick it does. It is also Bluetooth integrated.
And many will throw shade at Apple for not going with an AMOLED panel here. But, I am here on Apple’s defense. That LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen is as good as an AMOLED panel. Again I say, it is. How I would describe it is that it is sharp, crisp and clear on an 11.0 inches, 366.5 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio) display estate. That sharpness is as a result of the 1668 x 2388 pixels (~265 ppi density) resolution it comes with. Viewing angles here are as wide as you would expect from a phone of this caliber. It is protected by a scratch-resistant glass that Apple terms oleophobic coating. This is a wide color gamut true-tone display that boasts 120 Hz.
I did mention that this is not your average tablet device. And in this department (also) I will defend my thoughts. On many occasions companies include mediocre cameras on tablets just because tablets aren’t daily drivers for photography. Well not, Apple, and most definitely not on the iPad Pro 11. Here we get a 12 MP, f/1.8, 29mm (standard), 1/3″, 1.22µm, PDAF main camera with a Quad-LED dual-tone flash. That HDR feature is also very available here and there is [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected] video recording, that’s 4K.
A standard 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm shooter it is that won’t only serve your video calls features but also can be used as a selfie photo session driver. Why? Because it is as crisp as it could get.
Both these cameras are super impressive and will always turn up to meet you expectations. That you can count on.
Performance and memory
The iPad 11 Pro runs iOS 12 which upgradable to iOS 12.1 and will always be upgradable whenever an update is rolled. It rocks an Apple A12X Bionic (7 nm) chipset an Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest) CPU and an Apple GPU (7-core graphics) GPU. High end specifications these, you don’t even a blind man could see.
1 TB, 6 GB RAM or 64/256/512 GB, 4 GB RAM. There is not room for memory expansion here. But really though, with 1TB doubt anyone would need more space. You pay more for larger memory of course that should go without say.
The most interesting thing about the Non-removable Li-Po 7812 mAh battery of the Apple iPad Pro 11 is that it can hold enough charge to charge another smartphone. Now that is something you do not see every day. This is a tablet that serves as a power bank as well. Oh and that battery capacity should last up to a whole day of usage, or more.
Apple iPad 11 Pro is available in Silver or Space Gray. Buys yours today.