Amazon Fire HD 10 2023
The Amazon Fire HD 10 (2023) price in Kenya is Ksh 24,500. Its display is bright, fast, and responsive. The vibrant 10.1” 1080p Full HD display and powerful performance thanks to 64GB internal memory, 3 GB of RAM, and an octa-core processor. Great for on-the-go. Enjoy up to 13 hours of reading, browsing the web over Wi-Fi, watching videos, and listening to music from anywhere. Power backup via the USB-C (2.0) port.
Amazon engineers Fire tablets to hold up against everyday life. As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD Tap into entertainment from anywhere with a lightweight, durable design and strengthened screen made from aluminosilicate glass. As measured in a tumble test, Fire HD 10 is 2.7 times as durable as the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022). Amazon Fire HD 10 (2023) is now available at Phoneplace Kenya in Black, Lilac, and Ocean colors.
Amazon Fire HD 10 specs and price in Kenya
|Price in Kenya||Ksh 24,500|
|Display||10.1” high definition touchscreen, 1920 x 1200 resolution at 224 ppi|
|CPU & RAM||Octa-core 2.0 GHz with 2 GB of RAM|
|Storage||64 GB (55.8 GB available to user) of internal storage.|
|Battery life||Up to 13 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music.|
|Charge time||4 hours using the USB-C cable and 9W power adapter included in the box.|
What comes in the Box?
- Fire HD 10 tablet
- USB-C (2.0) cable
- 9W power adapter
- Quick Start Guide
Build and Design
Released on April 2023, the 13th Gen Amazon tablet measures 9.69” x 6.49” x 0.34” (246mm x 164.8mm x 8.6mm) and weighs about 433.6g (the variance is due to the manufacturing process and configurations. It is reasonably light to carry around, and the thickness is reasonable for such a large tablet.
However, its thickness cannot be compared to other tablets that measure less, such as the Google pixel tablet (8.1mm), Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra (5.5mm), or Oppo Pad Air (6.9mm). Amazon Fire HD 10 is available in Black, Lilac, and Ocean colours.
Display on Amazon Fire HD 1O (2023)
Amazon Fire HD 10 features a brilliant 10.1” 1080p display, boasting 1920 x 1200p (224 ppi), for bright, vivid image quality. The screen is strengthened with aluminosilicate glass.
As measured in tumble tests, Fire HD Tap into entertainment from anywhere with a lightweight, durable design and strengthened screen made from aluminosilicate glass. As measured in a tumble test, Fire HD 10 is 2.7 times as durable as the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022).
Camera Set Up
It packs a single, front-facing 2MP Camera capable of recording 720p videos. This is entirely below average, hence unreliable for quality pictures and videos. However, video chats and selfies could still be helpful if you have to take some.
The primary camera at the rear of the tablet is equally disappointing. 5 MP rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording is quite downbeat. Nevertheless, it gets the job done. Cameras for pictures and video recording are not the greatest features of the Amazon Fire HD 10.
Amazon 10.1 inch Tablet Performance
CPU and RAM
The Amazon tablet features an Octa-core processor – 2x Arm Cortex-A76 up to 2.05 Ghz and 6x Arm Cortex A55 up to 2Ghz. 3 GB RAM and 64GB internal memory provide necessary storage for running applications and downloaded files. 1TB additional storage is possible, thanks to the MicroSD slot.
The 13th generation tablet, released in 2023, is powered by:
- A Mediatek MT8183 Helio P60T (12 nm) chipset
- Octa-core processor – 2x Arm Cortex-A76 up to 2.05 Ghz and 6x Arm Cortex A55 up to 2Ghz CPU
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
With an octa-core processor that performs 25% faster than the previous generation and 3 GB RAM, you can seamlessly move between your favorite apps. The 10.1” Full HD display with 1920 x 1200 resolution shows off your entertainment in vibrant clarity.
Software Security Updates
The tablet receives guaranteed software security updates until at least four years after the device is last available for purchase as a new unit on our websites. If you already own a Fire tablet, visit Manage Your Content and Devices for information specific to your device.
Connectivity and Communication
- Cellular Connectivity: None
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth 5.3 with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories support.
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band wifi. Supports public and private wifi networks or hotspots that use the dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards with support for security standards of WEP, WPA3 OWE, WPA/WPA2/WPA3 Personal and WPA/WPA2/WPA3 Enterprise.
- Ports: USB-C (2.0) connector for charging; microSD slot for external storage.
- Audio: 3.5 mm stereo jack, dual integrated speakers, external volume controls.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light sensors.
- Microphones: 1 built-in microphone.
- Alexa: Alexa and Fire HD 10 are designed to protect your privacy. For example, you can view and delete your voice recordings or use the Alexa Hands-Free Mode on/off toggle anytime.
- Location and Positioning: no GPS. Location-based services via Wi-Fi.
Accessibility Features on Amazon HD 10
To enable features that personalize Alexa to your abilities, go to Settings → Accessibility.
- VoiceView screen reader enables access for customers who are blind or visually impaired.
- Screen Magnifier lets customers zoom in/out and pan around the screen.
- Tap to Alexa enables access to Alexa via touch, instead of speech, through on-screen tiles or a keyboard, including the ability to save your favourite actions.
- Switch Access enables access for customers with motor impairments who cannot touch the screen via compatible Bluetooth devices.
- Kindle Read Aloud will have Alexa read your Kindle books aloud.
- Fire tablet Accessibility features include settings for Closed Captioning, Font Size, Display Size, High Contrast Text, Color Inversion, Color Correction, and Convert Stereo to Mono audio. (Captions are not available for all content.)
Do more anywhere by pairing your tablet with one of these accessories:
- Made for Amazon Keyboard Case
- Made for Amazon Stylus Pen
- Slim Protective Cover
- Screen Protector
Battery and Charging
Enjoy up to 13 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos, and listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage, and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Certain software features or apps may reduce battery life.
It can be fully charged from 1 to 100% in approximately 4 hours while connected to the provided (9W) adapter while the device is on standby.
You can also fully charge in under 3 hours with a 15W adapter and USB type C to C cable (adapter and cable sold separately).
Pros and Cons of The Amazon Fire HD 10 (2023)
- It’s affordable
- The screen is sharp and colourful
- Its performance improved compared to previous models
- Faster processor
- Good battery life to meet the power demands of the large tablet
- Plenty of RAM and ROM
- Acts as an Alexa bright display
- Amazon Fire HD 10 inch tablet supports USB Type-C Charging
- Display protected by strengthened aluminosilicate glass.
- Supports MicroSD memory expansion up to 1TB.
- Latest Android Operating System, 13
- No cellular connectivity
- Amazon Appstore is not the best
- Poor audio output from the installed speakers
- The interface is very Amazon-centric, which could be a turn-off to many customers
- Poor quality set of cameras
- Fire is still restrictive, limiting user experience
- No waterproof rating
- Mediatek MT8183 Helio P60T (12 nm) is an old chipset installed on the tablet
- No fast charging
- No fingerprint scanner.
Alternative Tablets to Amazon Fire HD 10 (2023)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
- Apple iPad Air 2020
- Amazon HD 10 Plus
- Oppo Pad Air (6.9mm).