Tecno Pop 5X
Out of stock
Tecno Pop 5X features and specifications in Kenya
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Memory: 32GB
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Main Camera: 8MP
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Display: IPS LCD, 6.52 inches
- Processor: Quad-core 1.4 GHz
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, supporting upto 4G network connectivity
- Colours: Cosmic Shine, Crystal Blue, Dazzle Black.
- OS: Android 10 (Go Edition)
Tecno Pop 5X in Kenya
The Tecno Pop 5X price in Kenya is Kes 12,000. The Tecno Pop 5X is a low-budget smartphone available at Phoneplace Kenya. The device has RAM of 2GB and internal memory of 32GB. It runs on the Android 10 Go Edition OS and is powered by a 4,000 mAh battery. A Quad-Core 1.4GHz, Unisoc SC9832E (28nm) processor runs the system of the device. In terms of photography, the phone has a triple 8MP+QVGA+QVGA main camera at the back and a 5MP selfie camera at the front. The Tecno Pop 5X is now available at Phoneplace Kenya store.
Tecno Pop 5X Specifications and Features
|Announced||January 27th, 2022|
|Released||28 January 2022|
|Operating System||Android 10 (Go edition), HiOS|
|Chipset||Unisoc SC9832E (28nm)|
|CPU Speed||Quad-core 1.4 GHz|
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE with up to 4G Network connectivity|
|SIM Card||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Dimensions||166 x 75.9 x 8.5 mm|
|Screen Resolution||720 x 1600 pixels (~269 ppi)|
|Display Type||IPS LCD|
|Display Size||6.52 inches|
|3.5mm jack||Yes, available|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes Yes, with A-GPS|
|USB||MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Proximity, Fingerprint (rear mounted)|
|Fast Charger||Not specified.|
|Available Colours||Cosmic Shine, Crystal Blue, Dazzle Black|
Overall Design, Build and Display
Tecno Pop 5X weighs 150g and measures 166 x 75.9 x 8.5mm. For a device which weighs 150g and has 8.5mm thickness, it would be a gem to users who love the light, thin and comfortable in the hand or in the pocket. An ergonomic design of the device, with rounded edges, a water-drop, a centred notched front display, and a simplistic look, make it attractive. The aesthetic finishing of the budget smartphone makes it worth it, at face value.
Tecno designers as usual put a lot of thought into developing the Tecno phone, with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, a single black coloured camera ring in a rectangular mount, and an exquisite choice of colours. The body frame and back of the device is made of plastic, with the front side dominated by a glass front. The display measures 6.52 inches and has a resolution of 720×1600 pixels. Tecno Pop 5X is available in Kenya and Phoneplace Kenya for Kes 12,000. You can opt for one of the three unique colours available: Cosmic Shine, Crystal Blue, and or Dazzle Black. These unique colours make the Tecno Pop 5X stand out.
The Tecno Pop 5X has a front 5MP camera. At the back, it features a single 8MP camera+QVGA. These are basic features for a low-budget smart device. In case you need superior camera performance, you will have to opt for alternative smartphone options which are highlighted.
Performance and Storage
As a low-budget phone, most features on the Pop 5X got scaled down to do most basic stuff in a rapidly advancing and demanding environment. It runs on Android 10 (Go edition), HiOS OS. Most devices are now at Android 12, with the 13 version almost being launched in the coming months. A 2GB RAM, and 32GB internal memory provides the necessary space for the default applications and those downloaded by the user for convenience and preferences. A 32GB internal memory could get quickly overrun by numerous multimedia content most users access daily.
Luckily, the Tecno Pop 5X comes with a MicroSDXC (dedicated slot), enabling additional storage. Although the OS is Android 10, it still works perfectly and is upgradeable. It performs superbly considering it has a powerful Unisoc SC9832E (28nm) chipset, Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, and Mali-T820 MP1 Graphics Unit Processor (GPU). It is not an ideal smartphone for avid video gamers, who are better off if they opted for other devices with stronger processing power, storage space and RAM.
Battery, Charging and Connectivity.
A 4,000mAh powers the Tecno Pop 5X. The Li-Po battery is charged by a normal USB Charger. The battery guarantees two days of normal usage, which is incredible considering most of the target segment of the budget smartphones are average users. The fast-wired charger connects to the phone through a standard USB 2.0 port.
In terms of connectivity, the smartphone supports up to 4G connectivity, with up to HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps speed. It has a micro USB port for charging and transfer of data. The device supports Bluetooth connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11, and Hotspot Connectivity when sharing the internet with other devices and an FM Radio.
Alternative Devices to Tecno Pop 5X
- Samsung Galaxy M1
- Tecno Pop 5 Pro
- Tecno Pop 5C
- Tecno Pop 5S
- Motorola Moto G50 5G
- Realme C30
- Does the Tecno Pop 5X support 5G? No.
- Is the Tecno Pop 5X available in Kenya? Yes. Check in our Stores at Phoneplace Kenya.
- Does the Tecno Pop 5X support fast charging? No. It works with the conventional USB wired charger.
- What is the battery capacity of the Tecno Pop 5X? 4,000 mAh non-removable battery.
- Which Operating System platform does the Realme C30 run on as a smartphone? Android 10 (Go Edition).
- What is the display type used on the Tecno Pop 5X? IPS LCD Display.
- What is the display resolution of Tecno Pop 5X? 720X1600 pixels.
- What materials got used in developing the outer body of the Tecno Pop 5X? The front is glass, and the back and body frame is plastic.
- What is the RAM on Tecno Pop 5X? 2GB.
- What is the screen size of the Tecno Pop 5X? 6.52 inches.
- What is the refresh rate of Tecno Pop 5X? 60GHz.
- What are the actual dimensions of the Tecno Pop 5X? 166 x 75.9 x 8.5mm.
- What is the weight of the Tecno Pop 5X? 150g.
- What type of USB is on the Tecno Pop 5X? A Micro USB 2.0 port.
- What is the maximum capacity allowed on the MicroSD for the Tecno Pop 5X? 1TB.
- Does the Tecno Pop 5X have an audio jack? Yes, it comes with a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Can one use OTG on the Tecno Pop 5X? Yes.
- How many slots are there on the Tecno Pop 5X SIM Card tray? 3, two for SIM cards and one dedicated for MicroSD.
- What colours are available for the Tecno Pop 5X to choose from by customers? Two unique colours: Cosmic Shine, Crystal Blue, and or Dazzle Black.
- Can you play videos on the Tecno Pop 5X? Yes, but it does not have the best specifications and features to enable good user experience.
|Network & Connectivity|
|SIM Card Slots|