Samsung Galaxy A60 Price in Kenya
Here is the price of Samsung Galaxy A60 in Kenya: around 25,500 Kenya Shilling. Samsung Galaxy A60 is available in Daybreak Black and Cocktail Orange. Its key features are as follows:
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Battery: 3500 mAh
- Main camera: 32MP + 8MP + 5MP
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Display: 6.3 inch
- Processor: Snapdragon 675
- Connectivity: Dual sim, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: Daybreak Black, Cocktail Orange
- OS: Android 9.0
Design and build
We are already used to plastic build on budget and some midrange (like this) Samsung smartphones. So, this does not come as a shock on the Samsung Galaxy A60. What does come as a shock though this the choice of USB type C, over micro USB which Samsung for so long has been notorious with. This is a good move. The plastic back is glossy and kind of resembles a glass build with the way it bounces light.
Samsung call it “glastic.” The phone weighs a manageable 162 grams and is just 7.9mm thick. On the front what sticks out is the Infinity U display and the amazingly slim bezels Samsung Galaxy A60 has. Of course, there is a rear mounted fingerprint scanner on the back and it is well placed above Samsung’s branding. The top right corner is where the triple camera setup is. A clean design and build are what Samsung has achieved here.
Display and camera
An AMOLED panel would be too much to ask for? I don’t think so because Samsung smartphones that cost less have AMOLED panels. This is not a complaint though since its IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen is a descent 1080 x 2340 pixels panel. One you will mostly love for how compactly it has been executed on a 6.3 inches smartphone.
With an 84.9% screen-to- body ratio you most definitely will enjoy interacting with this display- however you do best. Another reason you will love it for is its outdoor visibility also in direct sunlight. Overall it is an okay display really that serves the purpose just right.
It is under the camera umbrella that this phone, Samsung Galaxy A60 shelters. Video-wise, with the primary camera you can shoot 4K videos. And photo wise pictures can be taken in HDR. The three lenses on the back consist of a 32MP main camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera and a 5MP depth sensor for image separation. The three are a triple threat to be honest as you shall learn after you get comfortable with their performance.
You have also got to love its 16MP front facing selfie camera. I mean come on; can you really go wrong with 16MP? Let the real you shine with the images you shall shoot with it. And record videos with it at [email protected] I think Galaxy A60 nails it on the camera department. I say 7½ out of 10 for the camera performance of this phone.
First of all, just to congratulate Samsung for shipping this mid-ranger with the latest software updates in Android 9.0 (Pie). Let us all applaud this move and the clean One UI theme as well.
But moving on, it (A60) is powered by a Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) chipset an Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver) CPU and an Adreno 612 GPU. I think Snapdragon 675 is a power efficient chipset mostly.
Memory and internal storage
Well, you have got 128 GB of internal storage to fill before you think about slotting in microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot). And this smartphone runs on 6 GB RAM so do expect some smooth transitions and ease in multitasking here dear reader.
About life expectancy of Samsung Galaxy A60 it packs a non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery that can be charged via fast battery charging 15W. It is a decent capacity- should get you through your day of mixed usage easily.
Features of Samsung Galaxy A60
- Single SIM or Dual SIM – GSM, HSPA and LTE
- 6.3 inches, 97.4 cm 2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver) CPU
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Camera: 32 MP, f/1.7, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.12µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- [email protected]
- 3.5mm jack: Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging 15W
- Colors Daybreak Black, Cocktail Orange
This is a mid-ranger by Samsung that one can easily recommend. Say buy it in Daybreak Black or Cocktail Orange today from Phone Place Kenya.
Get the latest Samsung Smartphones in Kenya Here