Oppo Reno 8 Lite in Kenya
Oppo Reno 8 Lite was announced and released to the market in early June 2022. It weighs 173g and measures 159.9 x 73.2 x 7.5 mm. At 7.5 mm thickness, it is one of the thinnest smartphones Oppo has ever produced, thinner even than the 7.6mm Oppo Reno 8 Pro 5G. It runs on Android 11+ ColorOS 12 Operating System. The display screen on the Reno 8 Lite is 6.43 inches and is kept at peak performance by a screen refresh rate of 60Hz. A Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protector protects the screen from dust and scratches.
The device is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 (4 nm) processor, cushioned by 8/12GB RAM and 128GB Internal Memory. It packs a powerful 16 MP selfie camera and a 64MP+2MP+2MP camera set-up at the rear. The Oppo Reno 8 Lite gets the power to run operations from a 4,500mAh non-removable battery with a wired 33W fast charger (1-100% charging in 63 minutes). A USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go enables charging and transfer of data. For security purposes, the Reno 8 Lite has an in-display fingerprint sensor for safe lock and unlocking of the device. The device is available at Phoneplace Kenya for Kes 60,000.
Oppo Reno 8 Lite Price, Features, and Specifications
|Model||Oppo Reno 8 Lite|
|Operating System||Android 11, ColorOS 12|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)|
|CPU Speed||Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)|
|Rear Camera||64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide)+ 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)+ 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)|
|Front Camera||16 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide)|
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G|
|Sim Card||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Dimensions||159.9 x 73.2 x 7.5 mm|
|Screen Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~397 ppi density)|
|Display Type||AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM)|
|Display Size||6.43-inches (~85.3% screen-to-body ratio)|
|3.5mm jack||Yes. On the device.|
|Bluetooth||5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||Yes. A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|USB||USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensor||Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum|
|Battery||Li-Po 4,500 mAh, non-removable|
|Fast Charging||Fast charging 33W|
|Colour Variants||Cosmic Black, Champagne Silver|
- Android 12 Operating System
- 43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED 120Hz display
- Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- Up to 12GB RAM and 128GB internal storage
- 64MP + 2MP + 2MP triple rear camera
- 16MP selfie front camera
- 4,500mAh battery, 33W charging
Design, Build and Display
The body frame of the Oppo Reno 8 Lite is made of aluminum, while the back is glass, and the front is glass. The Oppo Reno 8 Lite has a left-side punch hole cut out to accommodate the selfie camera’s lens. The edges on the device are flat but not curved, as is the case with most Oppo phones. An in-display fingerprint sensor is set at the front lower end of the display. The power button is placed on the right edge, while the volume buttons are on the left. The smartphone’s rear is dominated by the main camera module, which houses triple camera sensors with an LED flash. Oppo Reno 8 has a bright 643-inches AMOLED display. Its resolution is 1080×2400 pixels, and its refresh rate of 60Hz.
Reno 8 Lite has a triple rear camera set-up, and a single selfie camera is installed on the front side. At the back, a 64MP primary (wide) Camera is supported by a 2MP depth lens and a 2MP macro camera. It features HDR, Panorama, and LED Flash. At the front, the device will feature a robust, single 16MP wide selfie camera. Both front and rear sets of cameras can capture 1080p [email protected] The lens for the front camera is nicely notched up to the side of the display screen, enabling free use of the camera and screen.
Performance and Battery
Running on the Android 11+Opp ColorOS 12, Reno 8 Lite is packed with a Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm) chipset, Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver) CPU, and Adreno 619 GPU. This power-packed processor enables the Reno smartphone multi-task and holds up to otherwise demanding tasks. The Reno 8 Lite has 8/12GB RAM and 128GB internal memory in terms of storage space. It does not support having a MicroSD space for additional storage (up to 512GB). The device is powered by a 4,500mAh battery with a 33W wired fast charger. The charger can fast charge the battery from 1-100% in about 63minutes.
Oppo Reno 8 Lite supports up to 5G bands Network connectivity, with HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps speeds, LTE-A (CA), and 5G. It supports OTG, with a USB 2.0 Type C port for charging and enabling data transfer. Wireless connectivity is enabled through Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, WI-FI Direct, hotspot) and Bluetooth pairing (5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD). It supports NFC, enabling data transfer and payments. The device has several sensors for convenience and to optimize the functionality of the device. They include an in-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, and proximity, compass. It also has GPS for ease of navigation (with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, and QZSS).
- Oppo Reno 8
- Oppo Reno 8 Pro
- OnePlus Nord 2T
- Oppo Find X5
- OPPO Reno 7
- Oppo Reno 7 5G
FAQs on Oppo Reno 8Lite
- What is the peak brightness on the Oppo Reno 8 Lite? 600 nits.
- What is the refresh rate on the Oppo 8 Lite? 120Hz.
- Is the Oppo 8 Lite good for games? Yes. It supports the game mode.
- What materials is the body of the Oppo 8 Lite? Aluminum body frame, glass back, and glass front.
- What are the color variants of Oppo Reno 8 Lite? Cosmic Black, Champagne Silver Black
- What type of display is on the Oppo Reno 8 Lite? AMOLED.
- Is the Oppo Reno 8 Lite good for heavy gaming? Yes. It handles low setting to mid-setting games pretty well. For heavy games, use devices with more advanced specifications
- Is the cooling system technology installed on the Oppo Reno 8 Lite? Yes.
- Does the Oppo Reno 8 Lite support UFS? Yes. It comes with 2.2 UFS storage.
- What is the battery capacity on the Oppo Reno 8 Lite? 4,500mAh.
- What type of charging port is on the Oppo Reno 8 Lite? USB Type-C port at the bottom of the device.
- Is there any protection on the Oppo Reno 8 Pro display? Yes. It comes with 2.5D Screen Protective Film and Oleophobic Layer on Film.
- Does the Oppo Reno 8 Lite support fast charging? Yes. It comes with a 33W wired fast charger (charges 1-100% of the battery in 63 minutes).
Check out the latest Oppo phones in Kenya
Be the first to review “Oppo Reno 8 Lite”