Huawei Mate 30
Let us talk flagship smartphones for a minute, shall we? This is Huawei Mate 30, the base model of Huawei Mate 30 Pro. Before I go any further let me inform you that there also Huawei Mate 30 5G, which as its name suggests, is a 5G powered smartphone. Though the same smartphones, they differ in the above-mentioned network feature. On this website you will also see Huawei Mate 30 Pro, and many other smartphones as well. You can buy the latest Huawei P50 Pro at our shop.
I suggest you take your time to familiarize with Phone Place Kenya, which is by consensus Kenya’s most reliable smartphone dealer (both online and otherwise). As already mentioned, Huawei Mate 30 is a flagship, high end smartphone of the recent news maker Huawei tech company. But against all odds, Huawei stood the test as it has done even in days past. And to clear the air, Huawei Mate 30 is an Android powered smartphone by default. Other useful information I will describe after the list of key features below.
Main features of Huawei Mate 30
- GSM, HSPA and LTE network technology
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- IP53 dust and splash protection
- OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.62 inches, 107.6 cm2 (~87.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~389 ppi density)
- – DCI-P3
- – HDR10
- Android 10; EMUI 10
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 (7 nm+) chipset
- Octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×2.09 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.86 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU
- Mali-G76 MP16 GPU
- 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, UFS3.0
- – NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Primary camera 40MP + 8MP + 16MP
- Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera 24 MP, f/2.0
- 3D TOF camera
- [email protected] video recording
- Loudspeaker with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack
- – 32-bit/384kHz audio
- – Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC, Infrared port
- 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Face ID, fingerprint (under display, optical)
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- – Fast battery charging 40W
- -Fast wireless charging 27W
- -Power bank/Reverse wireless charging
- Colors Black, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, Emerald Green
Design and build
Huawei Mate 30 has a glass build, with aluminum frames running all round it. And what a beautiful choice of build that was. I think the attempt to achieve a bezel-less smartphone on Mate 30 was well done. This with exception of the ‘bathtub notch’ which it comes with. The reason for this type of notch is very simple. First, within in is the front facing camera. Then besides it we yet another lens which is a 3D TOF camera.
It is for this reason Huawei Mate 30 has support for Face ID, a feature that allows you to unlock your phone by quickly by face scanning. On the back of this phone you will see four camera lenses arranged in a square, with each lens on its own corner, and in a circular edge. Apart from that you will also see Huawei branding. Before you begin to ask, fingerprint scanner is under the display of Huawei Mate 30. For its looks alone you surely must love this phone- I am convinced many will. It is available in color black, or silver or purple or green.
Display and camera
if by any chance you wish to have the curved display then you can look towards Mate 30 Pro. Here with get a normal yet extraordinary display panel/ and by normal, I mean it is not curved, and this in relation to the Pro model. It is an OLED capacitive touchscreen- and this speaks volumes about it. A 6.62-inch OLED display is a bid deal, literally and surely. It covers a surface area of 107.6 cm2 and has an 87.9% screen-to-body ratio.
With 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution you are most assured of a sharp display even outdoors. And that it has a 389 ppi density should ice the cake. Somewhere in this review I mentioned that Huawei’s attempt to achieve an almost bezel-less smartphone was almost achieved here. And you will have the display panel to bear you this witness.
For the sake of formality, I must re-list the camera specification of this phone. But the numbers (and Huawei’s reputation) speak for themselves. Take for example that this phone’s main camera is a 40MP shooter. I mean come on! How can you go wrong with this one dear reader, how? Then alongside it is an 8MP telephoto lens and a 16MP ultrawide one. You don’t get such high numbers for a camera that cannot shoot 4K videos. That makes no sense at all. But as it is, video recording is 4K on Huawei Mate 30 and [email protected] with its breath taking 16MP front facing, aka selfie camera.
Android 10; EMUI 10
HiSilicon Kirin 990 (7 nm+) chipset is a high-end chipset dear reader. Able to withstand the heaviest of smartphone tasks you can imagine. Gaming for example is but a piece of cake, and you will get served as may pieces as you please. Also, on board is an octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×2.09 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.86 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU and a Mali-G76 MP16 GPU.
Either the 128GB 6GB RAM or 128GB 8GB RAM model will perform beyond expectation. I mean 6GB of RAM is already too much to ask for, how much more 8? Using a NM (Nano Memory), internal storage can be expanded up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot).
Alright, the battery life of any smartphone constitutes that phone’s pillars of gauge. Here you get a non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery. Below are some of this phone’s battery features.
- Fast battery charging 40W
- Fast wireless charging 27W
- Power bank/Reverse wireless charging: for charging other phones
Huawei Mate 30 is a flagship smartphone I have said this the umpteenth time now. It is not just a phone for the regular person since it belongs to the top draw category. The much you will spend for this phone at any given time is and will always remain worth it. If you must, do. Nonetheless, we recommend this phone to all. Buy yours today.
For More Huawei Phones in Kenya
Be the first to review “Huawei Mate 30”