Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB
Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB Refurbished price in Kenya is around Ksh 41500. Samsung in February announced its next in line Galaxy S flagship smartphone(S), the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. There two succeed the Galaxy S8 and S8+ of 2017. This review is about the Galaxy S9, S9+ has been reviewed in yet another article. Check it and other smartphones out at www.phonpleacekenya.com. Below are the key features of the Galaxy S9.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Main Features
- Front/back glass (Corning Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Single SIM or Hybrid Dual SIM (nano-SIM with dual standby)
- 2G, 3G, and 4G network support.
- IP68 water and dust resistant (over 1.5m and for 30 min)
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen
- 5.8 inches display
- 1440 x 2960 pixels (570 PPI density) display
- Always On Display
- *Android Oreo 8.0
- Exynos 9810 Octa or Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset
- *Octa-core (4 x 2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A55) or
- Octa-core (4 x 2.7 GHz Kyro 385 Gold & 4 x 1.7 GHz Kyro 385 Silver) CPU
- *Mali G72 MP18 or Adreno 630 GPU
- 128 GB expandable internal memory + 4GB RAM
- 12MP primary camera, IOS, LED flash
- 8MP primary camera ([email protected]), dual video call, Auto HDR
- [email protected] video recording
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.1 Type C
- Iris Scanner
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Quick Charge 2.0
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, and Lilac Purple
Design and build
Samsung kept the same design and build on the Galaxy S9 as on the S9+. I’m talking a curved edge screen, slim top and bottom bezels. The top bezel housing a selfie camera, an iris scanner, and a call speaker. On the back, we see a centrally placed primary camera with an LED flash beside it, fingerprint scanner, and SAMSUNG branding below it. It is made of glass (corning gorilla glass 5) and aluminum frame where there is no glass. Delicate you might think? I beg to differ. But they who may be paranoid could always rock this phone with a case cover. It is IP68 certified so you need not worry about accidental drops in water.
Display and camera
The AMOLED technology Samsung has incorporated in this smartphone is very impressive. It has a 5.8 inches phablet device with 1440 x 2960 pixels (570 PPI) resolution, multi-touch, and corning gorilla glass 5 protection. I love that there is Always On Display features on this phone to allow you to view your notifications and or time without having to turn on your display. A very impressive display it is, probably the best in the market as of now (MAR 2018).
It comes with a dual 12MP primary camera with IOS, phase detection, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, and an LED flash. It shoots video up to [email protected] quality with this camera. Some of the features available here include geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video recording, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, and Panorama modes.
It is a super and impressive 8MP shooter ([email protected]) with dual video call and Auto HDR features.
On a scale of 1-10, the camera performance on this phone is 8.
Performance and memory
It comes running on Android Oreo 8.0 with either an Exynos 9810 Octa or Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset, an Octa-core (4 x 2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A55) or
Octa-core (4 x 2.7 GHz Kyro 385 Gold & 4 x 1.7 GHz Kyro 385 Silver) CPU and a Mali G72 MP18 or Adreno 630 GPU. The former versions are EMEA while the latter USA & China.
Internal memory can be expanded up to 400 GB using an SD Card. You get 128 GB internal memory with 4GB of RAM.
Its 3000mAh battery will last you a whole day of usage. And with its support for fast battery charging, Quick Charge 2.0, you go from 0-100 real quick.
Buy your Samsung Galaxy S9 today at www.phoneplacekenya.com. it comes with the choice of three colors Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, and Lilac Purple. And check out Samsung Galaxy S9+ as well.
Check out more Samsung phones in Kenya