Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Out of stock
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus features and specifications in Kenya
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Battery: 4100 mAH
- Main camera: 12 MP + 12 MP + 16 MP
- Front camera: 10 MP + 8 MP
- Display: 6.4 inch
- Processor: Exynos 9820
- Connectivity: Dual sim, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: White, Black, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Ceramic White
- OS: upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.0
KSh 65,000 – KSh 78,000
- NB: For up-to-date prices call the shop before placing an order
- To our corporate customers place your orders at [email protected]
- NB: We can not guarantee that the information on this product is 100% correct.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus price in Kenya is around Ksh 65,000. Samsung celebrated the 10 years of the S series in 2019 by releasing it alongside Galaxy S10e and Galaxy S10 Plus. This article is for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus which I would love to think of as the bigger brother of the base model S10. I have had a chance to review the S10 and boy, I ran out of superlatives. Samsung Galaxy S10 surely is a next-generation smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus specs and price in Kenya
|Price in Kenya||Ksh. 65,000
|Camera||48MP + 12MP + 5MP|
|Selfie||10 MP + 8 MP|
|O.S||Android 10, One UI|
|Battery||Li-Po 4100 mAh|
Features of Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE, and EVDO network technology
- Backglass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- – Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
– IP68 dust/waterproof (up to 1.5m for 30 minutes)
- Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.4 inches, 102.2 cm2 (~87.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~526 ppi density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- – HDR10
– Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- 1 TB, 12 GB RAM, 128/512 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Micro SD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Loudspeakers with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack
- – 32-bit/384kHz audio
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– Dolby Atmos/AKG sound
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- FM Radio
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (under display),
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- – ANT+
– Bixby natural language commands and dictation
– Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery
- – Fast battery charging 15W
-Fast wireless charging 15W
-Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
- Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
Design and build
I will start by saying that of the four S10s, this one is the second largest after the S10 5G with dimensions 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm and it weighs close to 170 grams. I will tell you what I love about the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. That besides being a being smartphone, a plus-size as its name spells out, Samsung has managed to keep it slim and sleek and somewhat compact in the hand for the size it comes in. It still is a big phone so brace yourself for two-handed usage, something Samsung tries to solve with its all-new One UI.
You will notice something new on the display of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus in the hole punch at the top left corner. It is where the two selfie cameras are. It’s a new thing Samsung has introduced on any S smartphone with the display. That curved edge we have seen on previous Galaxy S phones is not featured here since you get a flat glass panel. There is no fingerprint scanner on the back or the sides of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus because it is embedded in the display (this is an expensive technology that works securely and fast).
On the back glass panel, we see a camera module with three lenses. So yes, the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is a 5 camera smartphone. We shall look more into that later in this review. It is a solid smartphone with a fluent design language and striking looks. You can get it in color Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, or Ceramic White.
When you turn to talk about the display of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, you almost know what to expect since Samsung never disappoints when it comes to the display of even their most affordable smartphones. That is true until S10+ happens.
It defies the norm and exceeds expectations. With a Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen on 6.4 inches that produces HDR 10+ experience, you can never go wrong. This is arguably the best display (yet) you will find on any smartphone ever released (date of review in respect).
A 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~526 PPI density) it boasts Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection to ensure its durability.
That Always-on display feature goes without saying- you can always view your notifications and check the time without waking your phone up.
There are 5 cameras on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. The selfie camera has two lenses a 10 MP and an 8MP depth sensor. Although I cannot tell one from the other, it is best you know switching from one lens to another allows you to shoot a wider area (more people can fit in your selfie). It is quite impressive of course, but you will be more impressed by the main cameras on the back of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. They are three lenses, a normal 12MP (wide lens), a 16MP telephoto lens, and a third 16MP ultra-wide shooter which I personally love.
Video recording can allow you full function in the Pro Mode which lets you control every detail of how you want your images to look. Let’s just say, Samsung lets you shoot like a pro on the S10+ even when you are not. And it is amazing how video stabilization is steady here. Count on high-quality videos here with great sound especially with those AKG loudspeakers.
I did not mention beauty mode which is present for selfie cameras, it is a feature you may find yourself enjoy using, and video recording with the selfie camera is also 4K.
Refer to the table in the “features of the s10” section for CPU, GPU, and chipset detailed info. Here I will just say the two options you have with respect to CPU (Exynos or Snapdragon), chipset (2×2.7 GHz Mongoose or 1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485), and GPU (Adreno or Mali) respectively. Now either model is a replica of the other only that they have different (but equal in performance) CPU, chipset, and GPU.
The performance here is highly optimized to make your Galaxy S10+ experience as seamless and as smooth as never before, and I agree and can defend these claims with utmost confidence.
Okay, fasten your seatbelts for this. The 1 TB Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus runs on 12 GB RAM while the 128/512 GB, 8 GB RAM. I will let these numbers speak for themselves folks, up to date (March 2019) this has been unheard of. 12GB of RAM on a device that first your pocket or purse is just extraordinary yet still using a micro SD internal memory can be expanded up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot). Memory expansion is limited to the dual SIM S10+ only.
It was high time Samsung stepped up with their battery capacity and where best that on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus? It has a Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery that is juiced with Fast battery charging 15W, Fast wireless charging 15W, and supports a Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W which allows you to charge other devices (only devices that support wireless charging can benefit from this). Impressive! It is capacity that will end the day after you do.
Do I recommend the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus? Three words, “Yes I do.” And I confidently and certainly do for that matter. Grab one as soon as you can- this is one of these smartphones you don’t want to pass you.
Get the latest Samsung Smartphones in Kenya
|Network & Connectivity|
|SIM Card Slots|