OnePlus 7 Pro
The current price of the OnePlus 7 Pro in Kenya is KSh 65,000. It was announced in 2019, May 14. This smartphone is available in Mirror Grey, Almond, and Nebula Blue colors. 7 Pro has 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage, a 6.67 inches display, Android 9.0 (Pie), and Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset. Buy it in Kenya today at Phoneplace Kenya.
OnePlus fans patiently waited for the 7 Pro, and it was all celebrations when this phone was released alongside the OnePlus 7. What a joy this phone is and I also was itching with the zeal to review and share my thoughts about it here at Kenya’s #1 smartphone dealer Phone Place Kenya – where the best smartphones are availed for the best price.
I hope this is not a spoiler in any way but OnePlus 7 Pro is a flagship device- I believe all other OnePlus models are too hence the slogan Flagship Killer. Let us hope this one will also live to compete with the like of Huawei P30 and Galaxy S10 which were released within the same time frame as it. But first, let’s take a look at the key features it boasts before we do an in depth and closer review.
Features of OnePlus 7 Pro
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM, CDMA, HSPA, and LTE network technology
- Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.64 inches, 108.2 cm2 (~87.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~518 PPI density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485) CPU
- Adreno 640 GPU
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Oxygen OS 9
- 256 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Primary camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Selfie camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- [email protected]
- Auto-HDR, gyro-EIS
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Dirac HD sound
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- -Fast battery charging 30W
- Colors Nebula Blue, Mirror Gray
This is how you can tell OnePlus 7 Pro from the base model OnePlus 7.
- There is no black 7 Plus, only blue and gray
- The 7 Plus has a curved display
- The display of 7 Plus is bigger
- 7 Plus has a triple camera setup on the back
These four are the main physical attributes you can look out for to tell one from the other.
Design and build
Oh well! What makes this phone stand out its curved display and slim (almost no) bezels. Trust me it will blow you away. OnePlus 7 Pro is a beauty dressed in corning gorilla glass 6 on both the front and back while the frames are made of aluminum. See the back has the triple camera setup and the LED flash below them, all in a vertical orientation. You will also see the OnePlus logo and Oxygen OS at the very bottom. Let me say this so you are not left wondering, there is no IP certification here, and that is a shame really, it is high time OnePlus started competing at a higher level. But this isn’t a deal-breaker.
There is no fingerprint scanner on the back or side of this model because it has been embedded in the display. This technology is fast becoming popular and soon most if not, all smartphone companies may embrace it. Another thing you shouldn’t struggle to find is the selfie camera since it is a motorized pop-up hidden within the body of the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Display and camera
Real quick, shout out to OnePlus for slapping on an Optic AMOLED panel with corning gorilla glass 6 on the 7 Plus. This was and is a great move. AMOLED panels are brilliant display types no wonder big companies like Samsung (and OnePlus) choose it over other display types. It has deep black, great viewing angles, and clear outdoor visibility.
The display itself is 6.64 inches with a 19.5:9 ratio and 518 PPI density. Resolution is 1440 x 3120 pixels and that makes it quite sharp and clear, a joy to look at. And given it is an Infinity display it shall provide the best of uninterrupted viewer experience.
Camera performance here is equal to that of the OnePlus 7 except for the third lens added on which is an ultra-wide camera lens. The main shooter is 48MP and has a supportive telephoto lens. Video recording can be up to 4K and it has EIS. Photos are shot with fewer blur thanks to OIS. Make good use of the LED flash in scenes that aren’t well light.
When prompted the selfie camera will pop up and snap an impressive photo in HDR if you want it that way, or just in normal mode. And the lens itself is a 16MP wide lens that’ll fit in more of your scene or friends into the pic. Video recording with it is [email protected]
OnePlus 7 Pro has a Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset an Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485) CPU and an Adreno 640 GPU. These three equals a high-end, top draw, and top-notch smartphone. It runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with Oxygen OS 9 which is just a very light theme, one would easily think this is a stock android smartphone. The good news about this is that updates will be regular and fairly timely.
With 256 GB of internal storage, you may not need to expand it, and for that, there will be no support for external storage options. And with 10 GB RAM, you get one of the snappiest smartphones in the world. A 10GB RAM smartphone is a beast everybody knows that- it should even go without say.
Interestingly the battery capacity of the OnePlus 7 Pro is lesser than on the OnePlus7. It is a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery that is charged with a fast battery charging 30W.
Here is an affordable flagship smartphone dear reader- be wise and order for yours today in either Nebula Blue or Mirror Gray.
Check out the latest OnePlus Phones in Kenya
just watched reviews on youtube and i will definitely get this phone when it gets here. Hope Phone place can bring it ASAP