Huawei Nova 5 Pro
Check out the review of Huawei Nova 5 (base model of 5 Pro) at Phone Place Kenya. I think, apart from the platform and camera performance, these two have close to everything else in common. So straight away this will be my suggestion: That if you find Huawei Nova 5 captivating but would want a more powerful version of it then you will find your answer resting on the Huawei Nova 5 Pro. This review will more or less resemble that of Huawei Nova 5 in approach since the two share the same concepts.
Huawei Nova 5 Pro Features
- GSM, CDMA, HSPA and LTE network technology
- OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- DCI-P3 108%
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1
- HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU
- Mali-G76 MP10 GPU
- 128/256 GB, 8 GB RAM
- NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Primary camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
16 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
2 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide) dedicated macro camera
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- [email protected]
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging 40W (85% in 30 min)
- Colors: Black, Purple, Green, Orange
Design and build
Facing you is its 6.3-inch display panel with a dew drop notch and reduced bezels, almost an edge to edge display it is. It is rounded at the corners in the same fashion as the corners of the phone itself are curved.
The back panel of Nova 5 Plus is glossy. Just as on the Nova 5 and I cannot help but think this has somewhat become Huawei’s trademark look on mid-tier smartphones. It features the same looks as on the Nova 5 with the same camera arrangement. At the bottom right corner is Huawei branding in vertical orientation just as the Quad camera setup. It has a clean finish this phone and the curved corners allow for a phone comfortable to hold. Notice also how the display curves in sync with the corner curves. The fourth lens has been placed just besides the three other lenses, directly opposite the third camera.
Display and camera
I like to think of this display as the darling of Huawei Nova 5 Pro. Imagine this for a moment, or take more if you may- and OLED panel on a phone. Just beautiful. With the deepest blacks, neatest touch and small pixels. I could even go on about its 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution and high ppi density to paint the picture clearer for you dear reader. It is just a brilliant display this one. And to think you interact with it all on a 6.39 inches panel is just satisfying. Let us begin with the selfie camera which is a 32 MP, f/2.0 lens that can shoot [email protected] videos. This is the same selfie camera you will find on the Nova 5.
The primary camera on the other hand features these lenses. A 48 MP, f/1.8 wide lens, a 16 MP, f/2.2 also wide lens, a 2 MP, f/2.4 dedicated macro camera and finally a 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor. This surely is quite a lot going on back there. Now I do not really have to narrate to you what sort of pictures one should expect with a 48MP camera, do I? I think not. And to be fair, let’s both save each other the narrative. I’ll just say, Huawei has done an absolutely splendid job here.
Yes, this one still is an android powered smartphone. It runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with an EMUI version 9.1 theme. Its HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) chipset and Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU are a true presentation of a high-end smartphone. And it is at this point Huawei Nova 5 Pro separates itself the most from the base model Nova 5. A Mali-G76 MP10 GPU effectively handles the graphics.
Believe it or not, Huawei Nova 5 Pro has 128/256 GB internal storage and runs on 8 GB RAM. And the good stuff keeps coming since internal storage can be expanded using Nano Memory up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot). Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery. Its battery capacity will see it fast battery charge at 40W getting you form 0-85% in just 30 min. The capacity itself is 3500 mAh.
A true high-end smartphone in deed dear reader. It boasts superb features like camera performance, platform performance, display and so on. You can get it in color Black, Purple, Green or Orange. Buy yours today.
For More Huawei Phones in Kenya visit here